Administrative - Medical Assistant Needed Mental Health Clinic
Full-time Admin/Med Assistant needed for Community Services Institute Springfield location. CSI is a community mental health clinic located in downtown Springfield, MA.
What is Expected of You?
- Have completed a medical assistant program
- Have at least two years of successful admin and/or medical assisting experience in a healthcare setting
- Have proven success handling confidential information
- Be comfortable with or be able to quickly learn EMR & Insurance Authorization systems
- Be able to produce high quality work efficiently and in an environment with changing priorities
- Have the willingness and ability to work as part of a team and to demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism
What You Will be Doing:
- Support Billing Manager with authorizations & eligibility on a daily basis
- Provide back up support to Coordinator of Psychiatry on a frequent basis
- Provide back up support to front office reception on an occasional basis
- Data enter information into EMR & Insurance Auth systems
- Schedule appointments
- Triage phone calls to medical staff
- check voice mail & email
- coordinate with pharmaceutical rep visits with the staff
All candidates for employment at CSI must successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
Candidates working in a multiple provider medical practice or with diverse socio-economically disadvantaged populations are encouraged to apply.