Therapeutic Mentors Needed to Work with Urban Population
Therapeutic Mentoring (TM) services are provided to youth in any setting where the youth resides, such as the home (including foster homes and therapeutic foster homes), and in other community settings such as schools, child care centers, or respite settings. TM offers structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services between a therapeutic mentor and a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs. The mentor works with a clinical therapist to explore a youth’s interests and abilities and creates activities that build various life skills and result in linkages to community activities.
- Working directly with youth and supporting the family to achieve success with:
- Communication and conflict resolution skills
- Impulse regulation and positive coping skills
- Social skills and self-esteem building
- Work directly with a Master’s level clinician to provide strengths based and trauma informed support
- Develop and implement collaborative goal-directed treatment plans
- Required weekly clinical supervision with licensed (LICSW/LMHC) supervisors
- Provide advocacy and referrals to community based programs to further support treatment plans
Qualified candidates should
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a human service field and one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old
- Bilingual and culturally fluent (Spanish/English) preferred
- Reliable vehicle for work use, proof of vehicle insurance and clear driving record
- Be computer literate and be able to produce written documentation within 24 hours of providing services.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Quarterly productivity bonus program
- 75% Company sponsored medical and dental
- 100% Company sponsored short and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and accrued sick time
Community Services Institute is an equal opportunity employer.